5.23.2011

Seeing the sites of Chicago

Vintage Travel Barbie couldn't come to Chicago and not see at least some of the sights. And what better day to go out than St. Patrick's Day...espcially in Chicago. So after a day at Stephanie's temp assignment, where VTBarbie and Pixxa enjoyed a nice lunch, they ventured out.


VTBarbie: Ummm...lunch smells good, but I wonder if Stephanie can get off of her temp assignment early today so that I can see some of Chicago.


Pixxa: I hope so! Since it's St. Patrick's Day, I wanted to show you some of the crazy night life.

Pixxxa: Here we are in front of the world famous sign in front of Wrigley Field...home of the Chicago Cubs. Shhhh...don't tell anyone, but even though I live on the Southside, which is traditionally known as Chicago White Sox territory, I am a Cubs fan.



Pixxa: Here's the statue of Ernie Banks, also known as Mr. Cub.

Pixxa: He was always known as saying "Let's play two".


The girls then decided to walk around a little bit of Wrigleyville, the area surrounding the ballpark, known for it's bars and bars and bars! Most famous is The Cubby Bear.

They tried to find some other happening spots, but they were a little early for the night life.


So they decided to leave Wrigleyville and walked back toward the car.


But they decided to take one more pix at the stadium.

And there is always an opportunity for shopping!!


As they drove toward downtown, they passed by quite a few buildings with interesting architecture.

VTBarbie commented "there are so many interesting buildings!"
Pixxa: Now we are in the DePaul area...known as that because it's the home...


...DePaul University, of course



VTBarbie: What is that loud noise?


Pixxa: You haven't been in Chicago if you've not experienced an ambulance going by.


VTBarbie: YIKES!!


VTBarbie: I love all of the different types of buildings and the crazy streets!


VTBarbie: So Chicago is full of different neighborhoods, huh?


Pixxa: Yes, that's what makes it so interesting because 2 blocks away you're in a whole other world!! VTBarbie: What's this?

Pixxa: One of our new parking pay boxes. You pay and then have to walk back to your car to put the ticket in the window so you don'r get a ticket.


VTBarbie: That's crazy!


Pixxa: I know! Alright, let's keep moving...Downtown here we come!!!


3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed their visit to Chicago! Delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice pics Step-a-nie. I love Pixxa's top.

    Vickey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa, I am so glad that you are enjoying my adventures with my friend, Barbie! Thanks for stopping by!!

    Georgia Girl, I love that top too and can you believe that Steph-a-nie can't remember who she got it from.

    Luv Ya Both!! --Pixxa

    ReplyDelete